Have you already set your goals for 2020? How are you planning to reach them?
This is the way we do it.
Step 1: Set your goals
Step 2: Design a plan of action to reach those goals
When setting your goals, try to be SMART (that means, your goals should be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and you must set a Time to reach them)
1. Define your goals: this has to do with what. It is very important that you are clear about what you want to accomplish and why you want to accomplish that.
2. Define strategies: strategies are the tools, the tasks and the channels that you are going to use in order to accomplish your goals and the path you will follow to carry out your action plan. This has to do with how.
3. Set out the tasks: the steps to follow or the tasks involved in each strategy have to be as specific and detailed as possible and must reflect each necessary step. Set a starting date, a completion date and specify when and how you are going to measure progress.
4. Assign roles: this has to do with who. This is the moment of assessing among the human resources available who is the most suitable to help you reach each goal. You can also appoint a supervisor to monitor progress.
5. Write down a timeline: this has to do with when. This will be a kind of schedule to help you measure short-term and long-term goals.
6. Carry out the plan: once you have assigned each task to the person in charge, it is time to carry out the action plan.
7. Measure results: it is very important to set dates to measure results or progress and analyze if strategies are being effective and if you are meeting your deadlines.
8. Establish new goals: once you accomplish the goals you had originally proposed, you can restart the cycle and bet for new goals in order to continue making progress.
Following an action plan in order to accomplish your goals is a must.
Keep in mind that “A goal without a plan is just a wish”.